Thursday, January 19, 2006

Take a "gander"



The last time I was at my mother's house, I came across an old photo album I kept as a teen. The quality of the pictures may not be great--I took them many, many years ago--but there are a couple of pictures where I really what to point something out.

These are two horses that we used to own; a mare and her foal. Please pay special attention to the white marking on the foal's side. Does it look like something familiar? We didn't paint this on the foal, he was actually born with these markings.


Oh look, chicken and dressing! LOL. I could say we couldn't afford dolls, so I had to dress banty chickens in doll clothes, but that would be a lie. I was a tomboy and perfered my animals to dolls. My chickens were all banties, and were all good-natured. I was a kid with a corn-ball personality; I guess it *ahem* followed me into adulthood. *No chickens were hurt at the time this picture was taken.


I grew up in the Texas "Blackland Praire" region. This is how winters used to look when I lived at home. No snow now. *sigh* In this pic I was focusing on the old, weathered wind chime outside my window.
Last of all, here's yours truly with hubby a few years ago. I know the picture isn't in color, but I had made the unwise decision to dye my hair red. Never again; it didn't turn out right.

No comments: