Monday, January 02, 2006

New Years

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year and a very Merry Christmas!

New Year's Eve was uneventful for us. The boys and I sat around and did our best sea lion impersonations by coughing for John. He swears he won't get this nasty stuff; yeah right! Maybe if he keeps repeating that to himself, then clicks his heels together he'll wind up in Kansas. Sorry about that, I'm very cynical when I'm under the weather. I hope John doesn't get sick, but the deck is stacked against him.

John went above and beyond to insure we had fun New Year's Eve. He made an unexpected trip to the store and returned with delights such as purple grapes, cheese, and veggie and fruit trays. He also rented Dukes of Hazzard--which was a disappointment--and The Exorcism of Emily Rose. We waited until the kids were asleep before having a mixed drink-- an "Orange Russian" for myself, and a "Kahlua Mudslide" for John--and watching . . .Emily Rose. Yeah, I know. I'm a glutton for punishment, but I do enjoy watching the horror movies. The movie doesn't bother me while I'm watching it; it's in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes I wake up, and in my groggy state, start thinking about the movie. My instincts become hyper-sensative as I hear, see, and feel the smallest things. That's when the crap gets scared out of me.

What bothered me the most about . . .Emily Rose is that it actually happened. Voodoo and demonic possession are high on my "fear factor" list.

No comments: