Monday, April 10, 2006

Ninty-nine. . .One Hundred!

This will be my 100th post. Before I race around the house, throw confetti, and dance on my kitchen table, the more practical side of me takes over, and instead I sit at the keyboard and sedately sip on a glass of iced sweet tea. There is no fanfare, but for me, this is an accomplishment.

Years ago, I would rather be tied to a stake, honey poured over me, and killer bees siced on me than to write in a journal. Can you actually 'sic' a bee on someone? I digress. When it came to writing about myself, I dug my heels in and balked like a stubborn young filly. In high school during my junior year, I drove my poor English teacher crazy. My English class met in the school theater, and my English teacher was also my drama teacher. Every day, at the beginning of class, it was part of our assignment to write in our personal journal. I was horrified at the idea of my teacher reading my posts, and formed, what I thought, was a wonderful solution.

I was busted from the very beginning. My teacher called me to her desk after the first journal entry. "Debbie, you can't write about a fictional character," she said.

"But you always say 'the minute we walk through the theater doors, we are to become someone else,'" I said, smiling, and staring her with big innocent eyes.

"That applies only to drama," she said, a tense smile plastered on her face. She looked like she was yearning for a good stiff drink

"Oh, thanks for clearing that up." My plan thwarted, I grudingly wrote every day in the journal. Soon I found myself looking forward to writing in it. I vented my frustrations, and my teacher offered solutions in red ink penned neatly in the margins.

Blogger was another story. Do I actually want to put my life out there? Why not! I have enjoyed posting, reading your comments, and reading your blogs. Here's hoping for another 100!




__________________________________

This is so me! What's your sign?

Your Personality Profile

You are funky, outdoorsy, and down to earth.
While you may not be a total hippie...
You're definitely one of the most free spirited people around.

You are very impulsive - every day is a new adventure.
However, you do put some thought behind all your actions.
Still, you do tend to shock and offend people from time to time!

No comments: