Saturday, October 01, 2005

Taking time to breathe

I have been so busy the last few days that it's unreal. I've been setting up book signings with different stores, and doing all the promo. I am "tee-totally" worn out. Between keeping the house up, taking care of the kids, doing critiques, and doing all the promo work, I'm exhausted. I'm enjoying myself though. Actually, I used to being tired; I've always been anemic.

And so, before I get burned out, I decided to take a break this weekend. Story ideas have been ping-ponging
around in my brain all day, and I've resisted the urge to write. Here's what I did instead:

  • Spent time with my family. I chased the kids outside, poured a cup of coffee, and had a long enjoyable talk with my husband.
  • Cleaned the house. I know, not a ton of fun, but it had to be done. I lit a strawberry-scented candle while I cleaned. Then the people arrived to work on the house. I had a new front door put on and the roof painted.
  • Got creative in the kitchen. I made homemade mayonnaise! It was sooo simple to do, and it tasted better then the store- bought stuff. I then made homemade snickerdoodles. Tomorrow, time permitting, my darling hubby is going to make cannoli.
  • Took a walk. I live--in a house of course--on top of a hill in the Texas Hill Country, and the view was awesome! The weather was a little too warm, but there still was a fall-like feel to it. I love Fall; the child buried deep within me always comes out to romp through the countryside this time of year.

More later!

1 comment:

Big Dave T said...

I'm waiting for news on how the book-signings go. And the promotion. Hopefully, you can divulge more details soon.

I do see some hits when I Google search for it.