Sunday, October 02, 2005

Things I've learned

I’ve learned more things in my life then this, but I thought I’d stop at seven.

Things I’ve learned in my lifetime:

When the doctor says, “it will only hurt a little bit,” it will actually hurt a lot.

Looks can be deceiving. That young man with earrings and tattoos all over his body may be one of the nicest people you encounter; the clean-cut chap may be a career criminal.

Everyone has a right to be treated with respect, regardless of race, religion, culture or gender.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, no matter how wrong you think they are; tolerance for our fellow human is essential.

Children are sometimes like potato chips. You can’t have just one, but if you do, in the long-run, it goes to your hips and waist.

You never really stop learning. Anybody can teach you something new, even a child.

Less is more. Sometimes the less you own, the happier you are; the less you say, the smarter you appear.

No comments: