Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Surreal

I have so much going through my mind right now I don't know where to begin. Well, first things first. . .

Chicken Soup for the Soul contacted me this evening with the PR packet. I am so pumped! They are contacting the respective media with the press releases. They said that several of the media has been calling them in reference to the release of the books and interviews with the contributors. I feel like I'm in a dream; I was hyper most of the night, and got on John's nerves because he was trying to watch the football game. There's so much to do, and I have no clue where to start. THE BOOK COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 27,2005. I feel like I'm dreaming!

I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about the interviews on the radio and on the television. It's been a very long time since I spoke in public. The last time I spoke in public, I was in drama in high school; that was over--gosh I hate to say this--sixteen years ago. Ugh! Thinking about how long it's been put a bitter taste in my mouth. John, who is usually "my rock in the storm," isn't really helping matters.

"Oh gosh! You're not going to cry on TV are you?" John asked. He turned back around in his chair and continued to watch the football game. He knows what the story does to me, but at the moment, that's not what I wanted to hear from him. I thought about throwing the TV through the window; it's a bigscreen, and the only thing I would get out of it was a strained back and a trip to the ER.

1 comment:

Big Dave T said...

Keep us posted please. You'll help me keep my own dream alive.