Sunday, September 04, 2005

I can't believe it!

I can't believe it; it's every writer's worst nightmare. On a whim, I did a search on myself and found my name name on an unusual website. Hmm. That's interesting, I thought. Imagine my horror when I found out that I had not submitted an article to that site, that someone else has used the story without my permission.

I was a little flattered that they liked the story good enough to use it, but they should have asked. Everything on my homepage is copywrited. The unthinking person gave me credit for the work, but I still feel violated.

I emailed the webmaster, explained the situation, and asked that the story be removed from the site. We'll see what happens next.

2 comments:

Big Dave T said...

Interesting. Unfortunately, I think many folks who have websites are not very sophisticated when it comes to copyrighted material. And many others who just don't care.

By the way, have to admit that I was curious enough about your account that I Googled your name. All I got was an American Gladiator website. Thought that a bit odd, but then again it fits the theme: "A Simple Country Girl's Dream."

Deb said...

Hmm. The female Gladiator personality does seem to fit me once in a while. (LOL).

I had searched my first and last name in alltheweb.com.