Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Wishing

First, let me say thanks for all of the warm and welcoming comments that many of you sent me. I really appreciated it.

You would think that I'm insanely happy over getting "Snowball. . ." into the book, but I'm not. Sure I'm very excited, but the one person that I really want to share it with is not here; that would be Daddy.

We had a wonderful relationship, and I was definately "Daddy's little girl." When he was killed, I wrapped myself in a thick veil of self-pity and retreated from the world. I wanted to drop out of athletics, band, jazz band, and drama, but Mama wouldn't let me. Looking back on that time frame, I'm really glad she didn't. Those activities helped to ease some of the pain. Each one of them had their own standards of discipline, and I was forced to give them all my attention and effort.

Through the years I learned to cope with my grief, and thought I was doing a great job until now. I guess what bothers me the most is that I can't remember what his voice sounds like; he's been dead for almost 20 years.

Anyway, I know that I can get through this.

1 comment:

Big Dave T said...

Somehow I think Daddy knows. And maybe he even helped. Depends on what you believe, I know, but that's what I would say.