Wednesday, August 24, 2005

We're out of WHAT?

We have a potential catastrophe on our hands at my house. We are out of a precious substance that I'm severely addicted to, coffee. This morning, still half-asleep, I shuffled down the hall to the kitchen were I knew I would soon find what I so desperately needed. Yawning loudly, I reached for the coffee pot and smiled happily as the thick dark brew poured into my cup. Ah, nectar of the gods!

I licked my lips in anticipation as I lifted the mug. The first sip was always the best. For some reason, it took a few seconds longer then normal for the coffee to reach my lips. I glanced into the mug and saw that it was half-full; I squinted in disbelief. I know that I poured more than that, I thought. I turned back to the counter and saw that the pot was empty; usually the pot was still half-full after I poured my first coffee. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the shower. There was only one person up at this time of the morning, my darling husband, John.

That greedy dog, I thought. He drank all the coffee. Humph. I hope he chokes on it. I have to say that normally I am a very even-tempered person, and adore my hubby of thirteen years, but my "evil twin" emerges first thing in the mornings. That's right, I'm definitely not a morning person. I've been known to make inconsiderate "early morning calling,” phone solicitors cry. In order to spare the feeling of the solicitors, John enrolled us in the "Do Not Call List.'

It's bad. I'm getting to where I can't function without coffee first thing in the morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated my webpage. You can check it out at
http://www.freewebs.com/onthefrontporch

"Mommies Magazine" has accepted my children's story entitled "Cinnamon Rolls!" You can find it at

http://www.mommiesmagazine.com

1 comment:

Big Dave T said...

Sounds like you're on a roll with your writing. Keep it up.

Coffee--great stimulant for the mind.