Saturday, August 13, 2005

I gotta brag


The past few days have gone by in a blur. It's final; the last "I" has been dotted and everything has been signed. My anthology, "Some Snowballs Don't Melt' will be in the upcoming Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. The book is scheduled to be released the early part of October of this year. Ever since I got that last email, I've like I've been in a dream. I've gotten things published before, but never have received as much recognition as this piece will bring me. Chicken Soup contacted me via email and said that a public relations person will be working with me in reguards to setting up personal appearances and book signings. They will also send me tips on how to get through interviews.

On yet another positive note, I have a contract pending with another publisher wanting to use one of my anthologies in their collection.
(Snowball from "Some Snowballs Don't Melt")


Please don't pinch me; I don't want to wake up from this dream.

4 comments:

Big Dave T said...

A fellow dog lover and wannabe published writer congratulates you. I actually published a dog blog myself earlier today.

Deb said...

Thanks to everyone for their warm wishes and comments.

Finallyfamilytime said...

Congratulations on your success. I thought I was hitting it big when www.poetry.com published my sonnet if I would send them money. Of course, I sent in money, got the book and my sonnet was right next to someone's ramblings of what a body part looks like.
I wish you the best. Thank you for sharing.

AGK said...

Wow...looks to me like you got comment spammed, hon. (comments 1-3 and 5-7) Big stinky heads!

Welcome to the Blogosphere :)