Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bits and Pieces

As you have probably noticed, there’s a jukebox in the sidebar of this blog. If you haven’t already, please select the Soothing Sounds station and listen to Alan’s Jackson’s beautiful tribute to 9/11.


We buried my uncle a short while ago, and ever since then, I’ve felt flatter than a pancake with no baking powder in it, until today.

Here are a few things that happened.

The other day, I sat at the computer, and tried, for what seemed like the hundredth time to get past a mountain-sized writer’s block. Part of my problem is I was completely unmotivated, the other part was, I kept staring out the window and wishing I were frolicking outdoors with my dog. As I watched, he sashayed across the yard and smelled what looked to be a rock the size of a Bundt pan.. To my amazement, the rock had a head. A tortoise! I hadn’t seen one in years, not up close anyway. In my haste to get outside, I slipped on my newly waxed floor and fell on my backside, making the pictures vibrate on the walls.

With the stealth, not the grace, of a cat, I walked up to it. I was so amused when it stuck out its Yoda-like head and blinked its little eyes as it stared coolly at me
The dog and I were so amused. We sat and watched it; which makes me think perhaps the dog and I need to get out more. We were just way too amused by that. LOL

-----------------------------------
A few months ago, we got rid of our cable. We were gone so much, we were paying for no one to watch it. For my birthday, hubby had it re-installed. I was so excited. When the cable guy, a George Clooney look-alike, came, I was outside, in the process of trying to run down a wild toddler . As he approached the porch, unknown to me, Robert slipped inside, leaving me to stand alone, totally worn out.

I greeted cable guy by saying, "I'll give you a baby for a cable box."

He gave me an odd look, and replied, "I don't think your husband would like that."

Guy doesn’t joke too well, I thought. “Come on in anyway, “ I said jovially.
A few months ago, we got rid of our cable to curb unnecessary expenses. For my birthday, hubby had it re-installed. I was so excited. When the cable guy came, I was chasing Joseph around outside. As he approached the porch, unknown to me, the toddler slipped inside, leaving me to stand alone.

I greeted cable guy by saying, "I'll give you a baby for a cable box."

He gave me an odd look, and replied, "I don't think your husband would like that."

It didn't occur to me what he meant until a few days later. The guy thought I was trying to seduce him for free cable! ROTFL


. As luck would have it, the outdoor receiver was damaged, and some of the channels couldn’t be received.

“I called the problem in, and repairs should be made within a week," the cable guy said, scurrying out the house.

I don’t know what the cable guy told the repair people, but the next DAY there were TWO very friendly repairmen in my front yard. Perhaps the cable guy shared the story with his two repair friends. I can imagine it now: Sex for Cable on the next Maury Povich.

No comments: