Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy, happy, happy!

I am a bundle of boundless, hyperactive energy today. Not only have I happily partaken of four cups of coffee, I received a wonderful email yesterday, and I'm still on an emotional high. Late yesterday afternoon, Ms. Graves, the editor from Sasee magazine, emailed me, said they loved a humorous piece I had submitted, and wanted to use it in the upcoming March issue! Regretfully, I declined. GOTCHA! Yeah right! I almost broke my fingers off typing her a reply that gave permission to use the story.

This morning was even better. I'm usually very shy about talking to editors; I'm afraid I'll say the wrong thing and sound like an idiot. I called the magazine to relay some info Ms. Graves had requested, and got to speak to her directly. Ms. Graves put me at ease immediately. She is a very warm, witty, charming woman who I truly enjoyed talking to. I thought things couldn't get any better, then she asked if I would like an editorial calender. This has the upcoming themes, so I can submit in the future if I wish.

Nobody pinch me; this is one dream I DON'T want to wake up from.

No comments: