Saturday, November 11, 2006

You make the call

I'm seriously thinking of moving this blog to another server. Blogger has not let me post or comment for days.

The hype and fanfare that accompanies election day in my state has been over since Tuesday, but I still feel flatter than a head of hair on a rainy day. Though retired from politics, hubby spent a lot of time away from home assisting friends with their campaigns, and it's good to have him home on the weekends again.

Thankfully, a friend of our family will resume his position as state representative; some other political acquaintances did not fare as well. I don't miss the political scene; in fact, I hated it. We had to live our lives under the scrutiny of the public, and it was emotionally, mentally, and physically tiring. One day, during hubby campaign, I went to town while my oldest was in school to run a few errands.

At each place I stopped, the same woman appeared there also. When she followed me to a friend's boutique, that was the final straw. My hands shaking with barely contained rage, I eyed her coolly, then told her, "Take out a pencil and paper and take notes, honey."

"Why?" she asked, a fox in the hen house grin on her face.

"Because, if you lose me in traffic, this way you'll know every place I'm going to be." She left in a tiff, and I didn't see her the rest of the day.

Society believes that if you are in politics or are a celebrity, invasion of privacy is the price you pay, and I can "buy" that, to some extent. But where do we need to draw the line?

I wanna know what you think. You don't have to sign your name, just please tell me your opinion.

No comments: