Friday, October 20, 2006

Tail end of the weekend

I have numerous reasons to be happy this weekend:

1. I had my coffee this morning. Yay for me and for everyone within a ten mile radius around me.
1a. Hubby just stopped by to pick up his baked ziti for an office party, and surprised me with a pumpkin pie spice latte from Starbucks.

2. There's an invigorating chill in the air this morning, signaling the arrival of Fall (we rarely get cold here) and of the holiday season. In just two glorious months, my house will be flooded with family and friends, all who will be here to celebrate Christmas.

3. I thank God every morning my sweet toddler wakes up without an ear infection. He's had a history of ear infections in the past, and it breaks my heart to see him in so much pain; not to mention I worry myself sick about potential hearing loss.

4. We went to the Fall festival at Seth's school last night. Ever the escape artist, I dodged getting thrown in the pretend jail. Hmm. . . If they ever need a female to play the role of "The Fugitive", I'm their gal.

There was a "hair salon" booth there, and giving Seth an argument a used car dealer would be proud of, I convinced him neon-colored hairspray would not show up well in my dark hair. Thank goodness he didn't see the dark neon blue spray. Ever try to wash that stuff out of your hair? Almost impossible. Last time I did that, I sprayed my hair green, it took several washing to get that dye out. I'm really surprised a cow didn't try to graze on my head.

5. Tomorrow I'll be so busy I won't have time to think. Early in the morning, we'll be participating in a fun run for Drug Free week; later in the morning, I'll be in a parade; in the afternoon, I'll be at a Pet Festival. At all three places, my Malamute/Husky, Blue, will be with me. This will be interesting to say the least, because he's never been in the truck. Cross your fingers for me.

6. I'm happy to be alive, period. As they say, "Yesterday was the past, tomorrow is the future, today is the present." Every second of every day is precious; enjoy it and live it responsibly as if it were your last one.

-----------------------------------------------

For my coffee drinking friends:

Coffee-Mate creamer has released new flavors for the holiday season. They are: Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Eggnog, and Gingerbread. I've tried all but the Eggnog.

Peppermint Mocha-- Refreshing, pepperminty

Pumpkin Pie Spice-- The spices are a bit overpowering at first, but the flavor grows on you and is comforting

Gingerbread-- A toned-done version of the PPS; a little too sweet.

The website has interesting articles, recipes, and most important, coupons! The special go for around $1.58 at Wal-Mart here, and with the $1 coupon, that makes the total price just $.58!

Have a wonderful weekend

No comments: