Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Extremely lucky and other ramblings

I can't believe how lucky I am. I dodged a bullet. . .er. . .appearantly several bullets. Let me begin by saying I do not live in a high crime area, I live in the country.

According to my local news last night, two young men went on a shooting rampage in my town. They shoot at anyone and anything they saw; a sixty-eight year old woman was shot in the head.

Here's what makes my blood run cold. . . The night it happened, around 9 PM, the boys and I were outside. I heard the sound of car tires squealing, people shouting, and what I thought was fireworks popping, coming from the highway. Someone's celebrating the 4th late, I thought. At the time, I had no clue what it really was.

Any other night, I would have walked the entire length of my drive, which runs to the highway; that night, because the boys were outside, I stayed closer to the house. If I had been close to the highway that night. . .well. . .I would have bought the farm. Things definately happen for a reason.

On another note. . .

If you're looking for a great family movie, I strongly suggest Nanny McPhee. A cross between Lemony Snickett and Mary Poppins, the film teaches painless lessons on morality. I truly loved it.

Yet another random thought. . .

I see why snakes rub themselves silly over rough objects when they shed their skin; they're itching.
Like I said on an earlier post, I rarely burn, but since I did, and so badly--eight hours in the sun--I'm peeling and it's driving me bonkers. I'm perfecting my impression of a cow as I rub my back against anything I can find; my hubby too until he complained. Oh well, it prompted him to give me a good scratch. At that moment, if I would have been a dog, my leg would have thumped a hole in the floor.

Have a great one!

No comments: