Friday, December 09, 2005

On another note . . .

I've been in a funk way too long over the Identity theft issue. There are other people out there that have been violated worse then I have, and they re-group and go on with their lives.

I consider myself lucky; the thiefs were not able to access my credit card info, nor my bank account. So, I've decided to be a little more wary, and chalk this whole experience up as a lesson learned. Didn't someone once say "whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"?

In my opinion, not only do crooks do this greed, they do it for a thrill. I can't help but think that the turd who did this to me sat back and laughed, thinking that he had ruined my holidays. Sorry to disappoint the creep, but that isn't going to happen.

Anyway . . . on to a different topic.

A couple of weekends ago we celebrated an early Christmas with my in-laws and their families at Antonia's, my sister-in-law's, house. Antonia's house looks like a picture out of Martha Stewart Living magazine every day of the year, but this time she really went all out. The entire house smelled of Christmas--yeah I know I write a lot about smells but if you saw my snozola you'd understand--and festive decorations and arrangements were tastefully placed throughout the rooms. The atmosphere was magical; a huge cloak of happiness and love surrounded us all as we sat around the fire recanting memories and enjoyed being together.

My other sister-in-law presented us all with beautiful hand-blown and painted glass vases that she got on her recent trip to Italy. I'll post a picture of it when I get the guts to take it out of the box again; I am soooooo clumsy.

I when it was time to leave. Being with the family was wonderful, and I left at the end of the day with a renewed excitement for the holidays.

No comments: