Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pleadings and Ramblings

Before I begin, thank you all for your sweet and comforting words yesterday. I am honored to have such wonderful friends.

It is one of the most deadliest killers in the world, and it cares not what your race, religion, or gender is. It strikes like a "thief in the night," completely ravaging the defenseless victim, and leaving a sea of despair in its wake. The menace is cancer, and every year it claims hundreds of thousands of lives world-wide..

Many of my friends have had this hated disease, and this year it claimed my aunt and my sister-in-law's lives. In an effort to assist in the continuation of the "cutting edge" cancer research, Much More Than a Mom--her father has cancer--has "created a line of merchandise and built an online store to raise money for cancer [research]."

Click here to go her online store.
Please take a minute and visit her store. She has a wonderful line of merchandise, and all proceeds will go to cancer research.


Also, please pass along this info to friends and family through email, word-of-mouth, or posting it on your blog. Let's all join together in stopping this killer.

On another note~~~~~

While visiting MUCH MORE THAN A MOM'S blog, I borrowed this meme from her. I haven't done one in a while, so here goes.

1. The book nearest me:
Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg (It's hilarious)

2. Stretch your left arm, what do you touch?
A glass of chilled white wine. (Yeah, I know, "eww", but I'm out of red. I as cooking with it yesterday anyway. Food, not myself, I wasn't cooked on wine.)

3. Last thing watched on television?
Barney (Now you know why I'm drinking the wine)

4. Without looking, what time is it?
6 PM

5. What is the actual time?
6:13 PM (Okay, ya got me. I cheated and peeked)

6. With the exception of the computer what can you hear?
My toddler talking, TV in the next room, and the soothing strains of jazz

7. When did you last step outside?
Three hours ago before Judge Judy was on.

8. Before this meme, what did you look at?
A children's story I was working on.

9. What are you wearing?
Gray workout shorts and a women's blue tee. (It's mine, I didn't steal it from another woman)

10. Did you dream last night?
Yep. I dreamed I was chasing a chicken through my mother's house.

11. When did you last laugh?
An hour ago when I was chasing my toddler around the house and roaring like a lioness.

12. What is on the walls in the room you’re in?
wedding pictures, family pictures, a Norman Rockwell print, and a signed picture of Rocky Marciano. (the last one is John's)

13. Seen anything weird lately?
yeah, my reflection in the mirror every morning

14. What do you think of this quiz?
Somewhat interesting

15. What is the last film you saw?
Rose Red on DVD

16. Tell us something we don’t know.
I once jumped forty feet off the face of a cliff.

17. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you do?
Teach tolerance

18. Do you like to dance?
yep

19. George Bush?

20. Imagine your first child is a girl
Why would I want to do that?

21. Imagine your first child is a boy.
Umm. He is

22. Would you consider living abroad?
Yes, I could live in Italia (Italy) or Spain for a short time.

23. What would God say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
Let me double-check this and make sure there's no mistake.

24. List some bloggers to carry on this meme.
Anyone who wants to.

No comments: